Tuesday 9 June 2009

Over the top and down on the other side

Not that I think anyone ever reads this but what the heck. I haven't written a blog entry in forever so this feels a bit weird to be honest. Perhaps it's good to vent tho. Let off some steam.

Alrighty, let's get started, shall we? My life ain't that bad right now. I feel like I have most of them ducks in a line at the moment so I really can't complain. My time here at the flight school is coming to an end which is definitely not something I'm looking forward to. The summer holiday will be awesome but then I'm going back to Karlberg and lord knows how that'll work out. Didn't really enjoy my stay there last time. HOWEVER, it's not all gloomy seeing how certain things will be different this time around. I wont have to live at the castle for one, can't tell you how happy I am about that. Funny how that works, I've always wanted to live in a castle... but if you'd seen my room (<10m2) you'd understand. This is due to the fact that I'm now technically an officer so we can live in town and get the apartment paid for, how neat is that? :D

The downsides to such a living is that I'll be further away from my classmates which means I'll have to motivate myself when it's time for writing or whatnot. Bit nervous about that. Can't say I'm in pole position after 07's epic failure. We'll see how that goes. Some way or another I have to make it until summer 2010. But ok, let's deal with such problems when they knock on my door. Besides, perhaps I've matured since then, things might not seem as bad when I get there.

This has truly been an amazing year though, I can't stress that enough. I FINALLY got to fly the sk60 like I've dreamed about. (Omg, a Gripen is taking off just outside my window!!). I actually just landed after some advanced formation flying. Kinda cool to think about how far we've gotten in only a year.

I believe this summer has some good times in store for me and nate as well. Once the flying is over I have one week off before we depart for China! Transsibirian railroad, the great wall, pandas, the terracotta warriors, Lee river, Hong Kong and Malaysia are just some of the things we'll see/experience. There's still some planning that needs to be done, papers to print and visas to aquire but overall we're more or less done. I have to thank Renate for that.

Alright, time for some lunch and then I thought I'd work on my home exam in PE that is due friday. Pretty interesting actually. Knowledge that you can actually put to use yourself, that doesn't happen every day!

So to quote my english teacher...

TTFN!

No comments: